Salisbury Sling Library Terms and Conditions for Sling hire
- Contact details must be provided each time you hire a carrier/carrierswith your full name, address, e-mail and mobile number. Loan charges will be recorded on a hire form for you, together with the carrier(s) hired, any accessories and the date due back.
- Your personal details will be kept in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and will only be used to contact you in relation to your hire. The information we gather is kept on our online library software and is used within Mailchimp to communicate with you. Both are GDPR compliant systems.
Loan Cost and Duration
- All carriers are lent subject to availability, condition and suitability.
- The standard hire period is 1 month, returning the sling to the same library meet as you hired from. Hire cost is £15. Re-hire costs are also £15 per month.
- At our discretion you may arrange to borrow a carrier for a longer period. This is usually dependent on whether there is a waiting list.
- Subject to availability, up to 2 carriers can be hired at a time. Once one carrier has been returned, another carrier can be hired.
- If you decide to return the sling early, a partial refund will not be available.
- We do not take cash deposits. Instead, we require the details of a valid credit or debit card, which is stored securely in our online library software, for the duration of the hire.
- The hirer must input the details of the valid credit or debit card into the online library software (under the “Payment Methods” tab) before a carrier can be hired.
- The replacement of any lost or damaged carriers, accessories or instructions will be invoiced for payment or charged to your card on file. Charges for lost components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs). Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
- Preferred payment for initial hire fees is by electronic transfer to:
Salisbury Sling Library
Sort code: 30-98-97
Account number: 42306168
2. We are also able to take payment by cash, “Friends & Family” PayPal payment or some library meets can take credit/debit card.
3. Preferred payment for re-hire fees (£15 per month) is by electronic bank transfer to the account above.
- It may be possible to reserve a carrier. If you make us aware of your desire to hire a carrier we will add you to the waiting list and give you an approximate waiting time. We cannot offer guarantees for when the carrier will become available.
- If you return your carrier late we will charge £2 per day late fees for every day past the agreed returns due date until the date that you either return the carrier or pay to extend your hire including any fees incurred to that date.
- It is often possible to renew your loan for additional weeks (unless the carrier has been reserved), with payment made by electronic bank transfer or “Friends & Family” PayPal. Please email Salisbury Sling Library before your due date to arrange a hire extension.
- Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been fully agreed by us before the end of the loan period.
- Persistent lateness with returns, rehires or late fees may result in you no longer being able to hire from the library.
- If we do not hear from you within 30 days from the end of your original hire period, we will consider the carrier lost and you will be charged the replacement cost of the carrier plus the outstanding late fees.
- If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness, holidays or the cancellation of a meet, we will extend your loan period for free and agree a new returns due date with you.
Returning and Posting Carriers
- Returns are to be made to the same library meet as you hired from.
- If, due to unforeseen circumstances, this is not possible, the carrier, bag and any accessories may be returned by post to arrive on or before the return date. Please contact Salisbury Sling Library to arrange this.
- The carrier is returned by post at your own cost and risk (we ask that you use the “signed for” service and retain proof of postage). Please ensure you allow sufficient time for the carrier to arrive by its return due date.
- Please ensure that the carrier, instructions and any accessories are packaged appropriately – we prefer that you ‘double–bag’ the carrier and write both addresses on both layers.
- Carriers lost in the post remain your responsibility and you will be charged the replacement cost.
Condition of the Carrier
- All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
Safe Use of Carriers
- ALL CARRIERS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE WHEN USED PROPERLY. HOWEVER MISUSE CAN CAUSE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CARRIER CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR BABY OR CHILD IS SAFE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CARRIER. Salisbury Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
- All carriers are provided with an online link to the manufacturer’s user manual/instructions or to one of our own videos for safe use. If for any reason they are not supplied it is the borrower’s responsibility to ask for a copy of the manufacturer’s instructions. Links to PDF copies of these instructions can be found on the Salisbury Sling Library website HERE.
- The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
- Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
- If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the carrier.
- If you are unsure about anything you read in the instructions, are not sure what you’re doing or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you’re getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
Care of Carriers
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of SIDS for babies, and these risks have also been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot–cleaned and laundered as necessary.
- Please avoid washing the carrier. Though please do spot clean any marks when they occur using non-bio washing powder/liquid and water.
- If you feel it is necessary to wash the carrier during your hire period, please contact Salisbury Sling Library first for advice and instructions on how to do so.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. Some slings are stored in a home with a dog.
- Marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be charged to the hirer.
- All slings, carriers and accessories remain the property of Salisbury Sling Library at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion.
STRETCHY WRAP DEMO SCHEME
- Attendance to a Stretchy Wrap Talk/Demo at a library meet is required to qualify for the scheme and the reduced hire rates. Pre-booking is essential and can be done via our booking system: https://salisburyslinglibrary.org/meeting-dates/
- Baby must be 6 weeks old or under at time of initial hire.
- Initial hire period is for 12 weeks. Our normal re-hire costs apply after this period.
- Hire scheme is available for Boba cotton wraps only. Hire cost is £10.
- Hire begins from date collected. You can attend the Demo one month and collect your carrier at the next appropriate meet so that hire begins close to baby’s birth.
- The cost is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you decide to return the sling early, a partial refund will not be available.
All other usual Sling Hire T&Cs apply.